Using a content management service is an excellent way to benefit your business without taking up your time. You know that you should have a blog post going out each week. But who has time to write a blog post every week? If you’re not making use of a content management service already, you’ll probably want to get started as soon as you finish reading this.
What is content management?
Content management is the uploading and scheduling of your content. Usually it refers to your blog posts, photos, and other media that need to be added to the back end of your WordPress site.
Blog manager for WordPress
Think of us as your blog manager. This is only for people who use WordPress, however. If you use one of the other platforms, we can still edit your blog posts and perform other services for you, just not the actual content management, where we upload and optimize your posts.
Professional content writing services
If you don’t want to write your own posts, don’t worry. We can do that for you, too.
One of the important parts of our content management service is content repurposing. We make your content work ten times as hard.
Content management service
We offer a content management service for WordPress users, and several packages are available. These packages are based on the number of blog posts per month and which services you want to be included.
Each package begins with a get-to-know-you and orientation call, where we discuss your business goals and needs so we can tailor your content to best serve you. Each package comes with an account manager who will be matched with you after the orientation call. Your account manager will become your point of contact and take care of you and all of your blog posts, social media posts, and other pieces if applicable. You have the option of drafting your own posts or sending your account manager some ideas a month ahead, such as a bulleted list or links to YouTube videos or other content to use as a guide for your content. Your account manager will log in on your WordPress site and take care of all of it for you (you may create an Editor user, which restricts what the user can do, allowing them to put up blog posts but not change other things about your site).
Billing will be via automatic monthly invoices that may be paid securely online.
If you desire the optional social media package, the posts will begin in month two, as we create them after getting to know you and your content during the first month. Upon termination of your service, you’ll still receive that last month of social media posts.
Please note that the packages vary not only by the quantity of posts but by other contents as well. Higher-priced packages contain a greater number of elements.
Tier One (Basic)
This package is best for a business owner who needs a small amount of online engagement and/or who has budgetary constraints. It contains the following:
- Keyword research to identify the appropriate terms to help you rank well in search engines and help the right customers and clients find your content
- On-page SEO for the blog posts, including the appropriate keywords, meta data, Alt tags, and Yeost SEO alignment
- At least one image for each blog post, with Alt tag, description, and caption
- Embedded YouTube videos as applicable
- Four blog posts ghostwritten with the appropriate readability and content, which are then edited and posted to your WordPress site (or scheduled to publish on certain dates)
- Interlinking of posts as applicable, to other posts/pages on your site to create content webs, and to offsite locations when it makes sense to do so and avoiding any you’ve said not to link to
- A Microsoft Word document of each post
- A PDF of each post
- SM30 Package: 30 social media posts, with 10 images. These relate to your topic(s) and are appropriate for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- All documents will be stored in a Google Drive or Dropbox folder so you’ll have access to them even if something happens to your personal computer/files.
Price: $1,000 per month
Tier Two (Standard)
Everything in Tier One, plus
- Four additional blog posts for a total of two per week (eight blog posts per month)
- SM90 Package: three posts per day for a total of 90 for the month; 30 images
- One magazine article per month written for select publications
- PR Strategy: Suggestions for places to appear, such as podcasts to be interviewed on, help getting quoted as an expert, or other options for media appearances
- Repurposed Recording: Transcription and repurposing of audio or video recording, up to 30 minutes monthly (can be combined). Turn that podcast episode into a document you can use in multiple ways, for example.
- Audio recording: You might want a track to use for a YouTube video, or you might want someone to say something you don’t want to or can’t say for yourself. Up to 30 minutes monthly. Choose male or female voice.
- Content strategy: suggestions for how to best make use of your content
Price: $3,000 per month
Tier Three (Deluxe) (Very limited availability)
Everything in Tier Two, plus
- Five times the number of blog posts in Tier One, for a total of 20 blog posts per month, one per work day; or eight long-form blog posts (2,000 to 3,000 words each)
- Even more robust SEO benefit by being prolific and posting frequently and consistently
- SM120 package: four posts per day for a total of 120 for the month, with 40 images
- Ten times the Repurposed Recording of Tier Two: up to five hours (300 minutes) of audio/video content per month transcribed, edited, and turned into written content (This is a great way to get a book written.)
- Six times the audio recording of Tier Two: Up to three hours monthly. Choose male or female voice.
Price: $10,000 per month
For examples of our work, see Side Hustle Nation, Delivering Wow Dental, Pressing Forward, or Contract Diagnostics. Here’s a book we made from A/V recordings. Here’s another. As part of our work for Contract Diagnostics, we transcribed five podcast episodes and turned them into 150+ documents they can use in many ways. See also Books Edited by Jennifer Harshman.
For more information or to choose your tier and set up your orientation call, email Amanda Kelly at Assistant@HarshmanServices.com.