Working at home in comfort is the dream of millions of Americans. Many want to know how to become a freelance editor or other author-services provider. This page is about a group-coaching program for various author-services providers. The group is called the Author Services Providers’ Shire.
Become a freelance editor
To become a freelance editor or other author-services provider, do you have to have a degree? Must you have experience working in one of the Big Five publishing houses? No and no.
That doesn’t mean that just anyone can become a freelance editor or other author-services provider, though. Skills are required. Which skills are required will depend on which type of work you want to do.
Some people spend years and still don’t know what they need to know to become a freelance editor or other service provider. Others just jump in without the skills they need. They give professionals a bad name. You don’t want to be in either of those groups. There’s a far better option: a group coaching program that will help you do it and do it right. Not only will you get the technical skills for the work itself, but you’ll also get all the information you need to start and run your business the right way.
I’ve been editing professionally since 1992 and have been editing books since 2003. Publishing houses, independent authors, and organizations all have relied on me, and I’ve edited more than 13 million words (over 52,000 pages) since 2010 alone. I’ve already helped several people get into this business, and now I’m doing it in an easy-to-access group coaching program. You can have your own business along with all the support you need. Do it right. Whether you’ve already started your business and want some guidance and resources or you’re brand-new to serving authors, this program is for you.
Group Coaching Program
Remember, this is not just for editors. It’s for anyone who provides services to authors. Here is a list of some of the things you’ll get:
- Four hours of live coaching calls every month
- Replays of those calls for your convenience
- Access to me, including Q&A time
- Membership in The Author Service Providers’ Shire group on Facebook
- Technical training to build your skills
- Guest experts
- Business information and training to help you generate income
- Where and how to get work
- When and how to fire a bad client as painlessly as possible
- Templates for invoices, contracts, and other documents you’ll need
- Tax information (not advice), including what is usually tax deductible, which structure will benefit you the most, and how to pay less in taxes
- Other resources
- Networking and referral opportunities for easier ways to get clients
All that and more for just $200/mo. To sign up, click the Subscribe button immediately below. Get started building or improving your own editing business today.
For those who aren’t ready to pay for full access, there is a $20/mo option. It includes access to the resources and the group, but does not include admission to the live calls and Q&A times. To join at this level, click this Subscribe button.